Easy Honey Chipotle Sticky Chicken

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

easy-honey-chipotle-sticky-chicken
A lightly sweetened honey chipotle sticky chicken recipe that is meant for those that have little time to spend in the kitchen. In less than 10 minutes of prep work, the crock pot will take care of the rest!

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 T. Honey
1 tsp of ground ginger
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 – 1 teaspoon McCormicks Chipotle Pepper Seasoning (I use 1 tsp, it depends on your taste)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup tomato paste
3 lbs chicken leg quarters (thighs, legs, etc.)

Place washed chicken leg quarters in a Crockpot, set aside. In a small saucepan combine the remaining ingredients over med heat. Bring to a broil, stirring occasionally, reduce heat immediately and simmer 2 minutes. Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the chicken pieces in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.

Just prior to serving, Preheat the oven to BROIL. Place the chicken on a Cookie Sheet, Brush liberally with the reserved glaze/sauce. Place in the oven and broil for 5 minutes. This will create a nice thick, crispy chicken that will melt in your mouth!

If it’s too hot to run the broiler for 5 minutes, you can skip it, but it really does give the chicken a wonderful texture and flavor.

Serve with Coleslaw, potato or macaroni salad.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

6 Comments

1. Seriously one of the best new chicken dishes I’ve found. My kids gobbled it up like they just got a bucket full of chicken nuggets. I served it with mac and cheese and homemade potato salad…amazing!!!

2. My family loved this dish (made it last night). I had only drumsticks so I used them instead of the entire leg. I only wish I had made more so that I had some leftovers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.