HeyTell - Voxilate
Genre: Social Networking
Release Date: February 10, 2010
HeyTell is a cross-platform voice messenger that allows you to instantly talk with friends and family. No account needed -- just start the app, choose a contact, and push the button to start talking!
- Send and receive voice messages with other HeyTell users with the press of a single button
- Voice messages quicker than SMS - and free!
- Very low data usage, no more than sending an email
- Works on 3G, EDGE or WiFi
- Superior audio quality: At 16 kHz, HeyTell delivers twice the frequency range of a cell phone call
- PUSH NOTIFICATIONS alert you whenever a voice message is received (**If you did not enable Pushes on initial install, open the Apple Settings app, select Notifications, ensure it's set to On, select HeyTell, and ensure that Badges and Alerts are both set to On**).
- Favorites - Favorite and export messages you like to email or Facebook!
- Extras: Use the in-app purchase function to send messages to groups, change your voice, automatically expire and batch-delete messages, and add emojis to your name!
- Quickly friend or block contacts
- Choose from two different privacy levels to control how users can contact you without an invite (NOTE TO NEW USERS: Medium privacy is now the same High privacy and you must use invites to connect. To connect to each other without invites, use Low privacy.)
- If you want to, share your location with selected contacts while you talk (**TO SEND YOUR LOCATION INFORMATION TO A CONTACT, YOU MUST HAVE THE MAPS PAGE OPEN when you send the HeyTell message. For privacy reasons, we don't send your location unless you approve and have this page open**)
- Conversations can be saved and replayed offline, or deleted on-demand (**Swipe left or right on the conversation and click the DELETE button**)
- All data and audio you transmit to HeyTell and your friends is encrypted in transit
- Earpiece and speakerphone functionality: PRESS THE SPEAKER BUTTON TO TOGGLE EARPIECE vs. SPEAKER (If you find earpiece sound is too low, enable the speaker)
- Supports iPhone and iPod Touch with microphone
- You do not need to share personal information to connect with HeyTell contacts. See http://heytell.com/privacy and http://heytell.com/faq for more information about connecting without sharing phone numbers or email addresses!
Use HeyTell as a walkie talkie, intercom, or instant voice messaging system to send quick voice messages to friends and family with iPhones or iPods. Use the integrated geolocation feature to find your friends when they've given you bad directions and you're just around the corner!
Problems or questions?
* Check out our FAQ at http://heytell.com/faq
* Email us at email@example.com!
* Follow us on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/heytell
* "Like" us on Facebook at https://facebook.com/heytell!
NOTE: IF YOU GET AN "INBOX FULL" message, there's no need to delete the app or messages: This just means that your friend has to listen or reply to the messages you sent before you can continue to send them messages. Once they listen or respond, you can keep on talking!
© 2010 Voxilate, Inc.
Free Apps are usually expire within 48 Hours, as such, all threads are automatically closed to additional comments/responses at that time.