Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Article: Clever, yet Deceptive Packaging that costs you hundreds

~ May the Savings Be Ever in your Favor!~

OMG! That is so SNEAKY- I noticed that some of cans seemed to have less but that peanut butter package is something else!! I never really thought about the "enhanced chicken" either. I'll be taking that into account the next time I see chicken on sale. Thanks for sharing

Unregistered
    Thank you for this info. I will definitely look more closely when grocery shopping, and will no longer purchase any of the above brands.

Curious Lurker
    this is crazy... i never realized that i the packaging was any different... i try not to buy processed foods and i never buy fruits that are in bags i always try to buy one that i pick out

Curious Lurker
    Hmmm...so even the cheap food isn't so cheap!

Unregistered
    I thought it was just me. I have noticed smaller packages and packages that seem the same don't contain as much product. It is so hard to feed my family of 5 I don't know what to do. I have also noticed that a lot of packaged food just doesn't taste the same. i don't know what they have done to it by adding fillers or whatnot. I had just said I was going to start cooking from scratch so the food would taste better.
    Thanks for a good blog.

Noticing smaller packages of Oreos and after reading your book we are going to be buying them a LOT less at $4.99 per package or else buying the store brand of sandwich cookies that cost $1.79 instead. I never buy box cake mixes anymore either. I will be baking a lot more Empty Pantry Chocolate Cake or chocolate chip cookies from scratch.

Starter Saver
    Thank you for the information. You are so smart.

Curious Lurker
    I had noticed smaller packages on some items, but am finding more and more that are in my opinion, less for more cost.

Curious Lurker
    I've also found that bruised fruit they put in the middle of the package makes all of the others in the package rot much faster. I try to pick them out right away so they don't ruin the entire package.