Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Article: Grocery Number Games- It just doesn't add up!

~ May the Savings Be Ever in your Favor!~

Curious Lurker
    Usually, they say "buy 1, get 2nd at 50% off" which is the same as getting 25% off on two. In that case, buy one/get one is clearly better. I love the BOGO at my local store on things I buy regularly.

Curious Lurker
    Our local store does a 10 for 10 sale regularly. You don't actually have to buy the 10 items to get the price but it makes you think you do.

Curious Lurker

Re: Article: Grocery Number Games- It just doesn't add up!

Quote Originally Posted by mamajen View Post
    Our local store does a 10 for 10 sale regularly. You don't actually have to buy the 10 items to get the price but it makes you think you do.
    We have a local store that does that, too. We also have one that does a buy 10, get the 11th free. In that case you do have to buy 10 items, but you can mix and match what they are. If you take the time to look in the store, you can find several good deals that are now $1, and get one of them for free. It's actually a pretty good way to stock up on dry/canned goods and cleaning products.

Curious Lurker
    Convenience stores are an exception to the rule when it come to purchasing just 1 item when is it 2/$2. In small print the signs usually say 'or $1.39 each' for instance. If you only buy 1 of a 2 fer, the 1 costs more. But then I don't need to be shopping in a convenience store anyway. Bad habit of mine to grab something for lunch there occasionally.

Curious Lurker
    They are catching on to it. I have gone to the store and seen the buy one get one free. You have to take the deal or you pay the retail price. So in a since your forced to take the BOGO deal. Or the buy 5 for $5...you are forced to take the deal or you don't get the sale price. So keep your eyes open people.

Curious Lurker
    I always read signs carefully. Sometimes they say "2 for $2" in large letters, then in the bottom it says in tiny print "or one at regular price: $1.78"

Curious Lurker
    I figured out the 10/10 thing a long time ago. Now I always just grab what I need and always getthe sale price.

Curious Lurker
    I also just buy what I really need. If it is only one that I need I will forego the 10/10.