New England Boiled Dinner

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (79.46%) 37 votes

Having grown up in Maine, as a kid, a New England Boiled Dinner meant one of two things, either we were having boiled ham or Corned beef- with all the fixings! As an adult, it means only 1 thing to me now- a household full of very full and very happy bellies! Here’s how to prepare your own simple New England Boiled Dinner . . .
new-england-boiled-dinner
You’ll Need:

1 Large Corned Beef Brisket
1 Cabbage, Washed & Quartered
4-6 Potatoes, washed and halved
Carrots, peeled, washed and cut into 1/3rds

Dump the Corned beef into the crockpot, fat side UP, add enough water to cover, pour the seasoning packet that came with it over the top of the meat. Cover and cook on high all day for 6-8 hours.

About 1.5 hours before serving time, add the cabbage & carrots to the top of the pot, cover and continue to cook.
About 50 minutes prior to serving, add the potatoes on top of the cabbage & carrots. Cover and continue to cook until meat is tender and all veggies are soft when pierced with a fork.

That’s it, that’s all there is to it. If you want to get fancy, you can make buttery yeast rolls to go with it.

It’s a very simple meal to prepare, cooks all day long without your assistance and makes the entire house smell yummy.

Planned Leftovers from this Meal include:

1. Corned Beef Hash & Biscuits
2. Reuben Bites or Bowls
3. Irish Egg Rolls

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.