Blueberry Pie

Blueberry Pie
Blueberry Pie

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80.61%) 33 votes

blueberry-pie
The best part of waiting ALL Year for fresh wild blueberries is Blueberry Pie, a delectable treat of fresh berries in a flaky buttery pie crust and paired with fresh homemade vanilla ice cream.

you’ll Need:
5-6 c. fresh Wild blueberries, picked over & rinsed
2/3 c. sugar
3 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. butter, cut up
Pie crust (I generally make 20 or so pie crusts, roll them and freeze them for fast desserts)

Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg together in a small bowl and set aside. Measure the blueberries into a large bowl, sprinkle half the seasoned sugar mixture over the berries, fold gently to mix, add remaining mix, fold, set aside.

blueberry-pie
Prepare crust for a 9″ deep dish Pie. Line a 9″ deep dish pie plate with an unbaked crust, gently stir blueberries and then pour into the lined pie plate. Top with pats of butter, sprinkle lightly with lemon juice. Add Pie crust top and flute the edges to seal.

Prick 4 small holes in the pie to vent (Otherwise the top could blow off! Don’t ASK me how I know this, but lets just say, we were all young and dumb at some point!!)

blueberry-pie
Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes (During the last 20 minutes of cooking cover the edges of the pie crust with tin foil to prevent overcooking).

Make Your Own Vanilla Bean Ice cream to go with it!

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.