Halibut BLT w/ Dijon Caper Mayonnaise

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

halibut-blt-w-dijon-caper-mayonnaise
Halibut BLT’s are an amazingly delicious twist to traditional BLTS. Light, flaky halibut enhanced with a tantalizing Dijon caper mayonnaise, freshly sliced tomatoes and crisp bacon- it’s sure to please!
This is my take on a delicious tidbit we enjoyed while vacationing in Alaska on the Kenai River. While our Chef Mikedid an excellent job preparing this dish the first time we enjoyed it, I’ve altered the recipe just a tad by using Dijon Caper Mayonnaise.

You’ll Need:
Halibut portions the size of the bread
Sourdough bread (2 slices per person)
crisp bacon
romaine lettuce
tomato slices
Salt
Olive Oil

Take Halibut portions and lightly pat dry with paper towel, lightly season both sides with salt. Set aside.

Heat 3 Tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once it starts sizzling, place halibut portions in the pan, searing well on each side (until golden brown).

It will take approximately 1-2 minutes each side.

While the fish is cooking place bread in toaster. Spread toast with dijon caper mayonnaise, add lettuce, sliced tomatoes, halibut and bacon.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.