Spiced Apple Muffin (2 ingredients)

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (79.39%) 33 votes

spiced-apple-muffin-2-ingredients
The other day I created the most fabulous 2 ingredient Pumpkin muffins and was so delighted with how wonderful they tasted, I thought I’d take it a step further and create my own 2 ingredient Spiced Apple Muffins.

I used a Spice Cake Mix and 2 c. of Plain applesauce. I figured that this was near enough the equivalent of a can of pumpkin, like I had used in the 2 ingredient muffins that were oh so good!

I mixed them up, poured them into muffin tins and baked them at 350F for about 28 minutes.

The end result was an extremely over-spiced muffin that was heavy enough to pass as a baseball had I handed it to a blindfolded person.

The true test was seeing if the kids would eat them, ds took a bite with gusto only to make an odd face and choke out the words, a “little too much spice mom.”

This one, folks, is NOT a keeper and if you’re looking for a fabulous 2 ingredient muffin, I recommend this one instead!

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

5 Comments

• First- please note that this is a Frugal FAIL recipe- this isn’t one that I recommend you try, by any means.

Secondly, on the aggravating ad expansion, in the top right hand corner of each ad is a small box with an “x” – click on the x & the ad will close.

1. I’ve had success with Apple Spice Muffins by doing this: use a Spice Cake Mix, submit unsweetened applesauce for the amount of oil called for, following the rest of the recipe as is. It’s super moist, good flavor, not too strong. It was also nice because I bought unsweetened by accident and my husband didn’t like the applesauce!

Another variation is adding cinnamon chips. That gave it a little more flavor. The cupcakes were moist but not too heavy.

2. Use a plain vanilla or golden cake. Add your applesauce and then 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg or to taste. Can also add raisins nuts and grated carrot for cheater carrot cake muffins.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.