Week #48 $50 Weekly Menu Plan

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

week-48-50-weekly-menu-plan
Week #48 Grocery Notes: We’ve been working diligently to get an updated ebook out to everyone and this week, in order to show some Great meat deals that can be found, we purchased an entire Case of Chicken, Pork and Beef. While our Grocery budget total came to $172, we now have well over 3 months worth of meat in the freezer. You can read more about it in the eBook, available by Friday!

Monday 28th:

• Breakfast: Oatmeal or Cereal
  • Lunch: turkey Caesar wraps
  • Dinner: Chop Suey & Garlic Bread

Tuesday 29th:

Wednesday 30th

• Breakfast:Fruit Parfaits
  • Lunch: Honey Sesame Chicken Wraps (from last nights leftovers)
  • Dinner:Halibut Chowder & Yeast Rolls

Thursday 1st

• Breakfast:Egg McMuffins (on homemade english muffins!)
  • Lunch:Grilled cheese
  • Dinner: Chili & Cornbread, salad

Friday 2nd:

Saturday 3rd:

Sunday 4th:

• Breakfast: poached eggs on toast
  • Lunch:Ramen Dish *TBD*
  • Dinner:“Restaurant Night” – this isn’t actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen. See the ebook for details

Various Snacks:

• Leftover Pies from Thanksgiving- Pecan Pie, Chocolate cream Pie, Coconut Cream Pie
  • Fresh Fruit- pears, oranges
  • Granola bars
  • Copycat Velveeta & Salsa Dip with Tortilla Chips

Drinks included: * Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Coffee
* Lemonade
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea
FYI: If you take a peak at last weeks menu, you’ll see that we had “Clams” tentatively listed. I love digging clams, it’s a lot of fun- if you don’t mind getting dirty and can get past the smell of low tide! We ended up with a very large bucket of clams, which we rinsed thoroughly and then fed them cornmeal for several days. The cornmeal cleans them out and creates a soft breaded belly. All you have to do is change the water daily. It takes about 36 hours to thoroughly clean your clams. If you ever have the chance to go, I highly recommend it!

Part of living within a budget is using the fresh foods you have available around you. If you’re a hunter or have a hunter in the family this can include Fresh Venison, Pork (if you have wild hogs in the area!), fish or seafood.

The easiest way to plan your menu is take a look at what you have on hand and then view the weeks sales flyers for your favorite stores. If you didn’t know, we’ve compiled a list of All the store flyers for every store we can think of. If your store isn’t listed, comment at the bottom of the page and we’ll add it for you.
Visit our Sales cycles page for a complete list of expected Sales Items for December

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.