Simple Crockpot Beef Stew

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

3.7 (74.76%) 42 votes

simple-crockpot-beef-stew
Create a pot full of hearty beef stew with minimal effort. This recipe is very easily adaptable for larger families.
I generally add this stew into the menu on days when I know I’ll be busy with other things, working late, running the kids to and from sports events or tournaments, etc. It’s perfect for lousy cuts of beef that are tough & sinewy.

2 lbs of Beef, cut into chunks (about 1″)
1 pound Carrots, washed, peeled and sliced
4-5 medium/lg potatoes, washed
3 stalks of celery, washed
1 Lg onion, cut into chunks
8 C. Beef Stock (or 6 tsp beef Bouillon & 8 c. water)
6 Tbs Beef Stew Seasoning Mix

2 c. water

This can be prepared the night before, (which is usually what I do!). Wash the vegetables well. Cut the potatoes into medium size chunks, I don’t peel them first, but be sure to remove any “eyes” from them.

Mix the seasoning mix and 6 cups of the beef stock, stirring well. Dump the chunks of meat into the crockpot, pour the seasoned broth over them. Add the onion chunks. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. At the end of 3 hours, add the vegetables and remaining 2 c. of broth to cover. If you need to, add up to 2 c. more water.

Cover and cook an additional 4 hours.

Serve with yeast rolls or biscuits.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

1 Comment

1. This was absolutely delicious! The family raved about it so much that I had to come on to let you know, thank you for sharing!! :stars:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.