Week #4 2012 $50 Weekly Menu Plan

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

week-4-2012-50-weekly-menu-plan
2012 $50 Weekly Menu Week #4 -Grocery deals are abundant this week with whole pineapples for $1.29, Split chicken breast for only .89 a pound, fresh baby bella mushrooms for .79 and many more. The mushrooms will be perfect to dehydrate to add to a homemade creamy mushroom risotto mix. Carrots are only .59 a bag this week as well and will make a lovely side-dish (& the horses will appreciate them too!).
This week, however, rather than focusing on heavy winter foods, it’s time to start moving towards lighter spring fare. Our family has been craving fruit and yogurt parfaits, indeed it’s one of those items that rarely sets in the fridge for very long. Total spent this week $48.91

Monday 23rd

Tuesday 24th:

• Breakfast:Yogurt Parfaits
  • Lunch: Chicken Wraps (from leftover Glazed Chicken)
  • Dinner:Stir Fry, Jasmine Rice

Wednesday 25th:

• Breakfast:Pancakes or French Toast
  • Lunch: Cottage Cheese & strawberries
  • Dinner:Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic bread, salad

Thursday 26th:

• Breakfast:Yogurt Parfaits
  • Lunch: Meatball Subs (using leftover meatballs)
  • Dinner:Cowboy Stew, Biscuits

Friday 27th:

• Breakfast:Toasted Biscuits w/ Jam
  • Lunch: Leftover Cowboy Stew
  • Dinner:Tomato Basil Pasta w/ light garlic sauce, Salad

Saturday 28th:

Sunday29th:

Various Snacks:

Drinks included: * Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Coffee
* Lemonade
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea

FYI:
Rather than list out the full groceries this week, let’s shift the focus for a moment. Many of you, like myself, are working on New Years Resolutions to eat healthier and get fit (or stay fit!). For me, I’m not really a “lunch person”, so it’s not unusual for me to skip lunch altogether and opt for a hard boiled egg or a deviled egg instead. Sometimes I will slightly alter my own plate to fit into my fitness plans- for example, for monday, rather than partake in the mashed potatoes and cooked carrots, (which are starches), I’ll opt for salad and chicken. It’s been our experience that with growing boys, there’s no need to reduce their caloric intake, and since my job is relatively sedentary, there’s no need to Increase mine unnecessarily. On days where the breakfast is mostly carbs for the kids (like pancakes, french toast, toasted biscuits, muffins, etc) I’ll either opt for oatmeal, cream of wheat, or egg whites -poached, scrambled or hard boiled.

Also, if you’re just joining us, please note that we raise chickens and have a massive bounty of fresh eggs, often upwards of a dozen or two per day.

If you’re still struggling to stay within a limited budget, check out our menu’s from last year and follow them from week to week to learn how to build up your pantry and freezer, by taking advantage of various deals.

Frequently Asked Questions about our $50 Weekly Menu Plans

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.