2012 Week #6 $50 Weekly Menu Plan

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

2012-week-6-50-weekly-menu-plan
2012 $50 Weekly Menu Week #6-This week we picked up the usual, salad stuff (lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, radishes), Luckily, we still have a major supply of frozen chicken & pork (see previous weeks menus for details). Artisan lettuce and tomatoes are dirt cheap this week at Aldi’s, as are bananas, strawberries and fresh blueberries. We picked up a few steaks at a decent price as well as milk and yogurt, (as I don’t particularly have time to make my own this week). Total spent on groceries $42.12

Monday 6th:

Tuesday 7th:

• Breakfast:English Muffin Toast, Omelettes
  • Lunch: Leftover Sesame Chicken
  • Dinner:Grilled Pork chops w/ Pineapple Salsa, baked potatoes

Wednesday 8th:

Thursday 9th:

Friday 10th:

Saturday 11th: Looks like Winter Rain- blah!

• Breakfast:Tropical Breakfast Risotto
  • Lunch:Ramen Noodles & Peanut butter sandwich
  • Dinner:Grilled Steaks, Grilled Rosemary/Garlic Potatoes, salad, Biscuits

Sunday12th:

• Breakfast:Cinnamon Raisin Bagels/Cream Cheese
  • Lunch:morning Sunrise(made with leftover biscuits rather than english muffins)
  • Dinner:Chicken Vegetable Stew, cornbread

Various Snacks:

Drinks included: * Iced Tea (Sweet Tea)
* Coffee
* Lemonade
* Copycat Gatorade
* CopyCat Arizona Green Tea

FYI:
The pineapple salsa at the beginning of this weeks menu is from the leftover pineapple we purchased last week.

Also, if you’re just joining us, please note that we raise chickens and have a massive bounty of fresh eggs, often upwards of a dozen or two per day. Sometimes I scrambled these up and freeze the scrambled (raw) eggs for fast breakfast scrambles which include eggs, diced onions/peppers, cheeses (various kinds), leftover meats- sausage/pepperoni, etc. ) These are simple to make, add a dash of salt/pepper and perhaps even a little hot pepper for spice! All in all, it’s a quick breakfast or lunch.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.