Cabbage Rolls

Cabbage Rolls
Cabbage Rolls

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

cabbage-rolls
Cabbage is an often overlooked dirt cheap vegetable that is loaded with flavor! These simple rolls filled with rice, meat and seasonings are perfect for tossing in the crockpot to enjoy after a long day at work or play.

* 10 leaves cabbage
* 1 cup cooked rice (I used Jasmine)
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1/4 cup minced onion
* 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
* 1 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
* 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
* 2 Tbs brown sugar
* 2 Tbs lemon juice
* 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes; drain. Alternatively, you can place the leaves in steamer bags or an okra steamer pot and steam them for 2 minutes that way as well.

In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef/Turkey, salt, and pepper.
Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends.
cabbage-rolls

Place rolls in slow cooker that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. In another bowl mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.

cabbage-rolls

Cover tightly and cook on Low 5-6 hours.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

1 Comment

1. Again I make mine a little different. I do the same until here:

“In another bowl mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.”

instead i add sauerkraut. a layer on bottom and the rest on top. use the rest of the cabbage leaves that are too small as a cover over top ( or save) and add the lid. caraway can be added.

I use a counter top roaster (filled to the top, I 10 times the amounts given here) as i make *LOTS* of them. What isn’t eaten is frozen. these could be canned also but not sure how long or what pressure for pressure cooker canner.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.