Red Flannel Hash

Red Flannel Hash
Red Flannel Hash

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

3.9 (78.79%) 33 votes

red-flannel-hash
One of the benefits of making a delicious New England Boiled Dinner, is enjoying the various dishes that can be prepared with the leftovers. Red Flannel hash is one of my favorites.

You’ll need the leftovers of 1 New England boiled dinner, (that is, a good size chunk of corned beef, some cooked taters, and cooked carrots. Chop the veggies and meat into bite sized chunks.

Finely dice an onion and saute it in a large skillet in 1 T. of butter or margarine. Add the Chopped veggies and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until veggies are lightly browned. Stirring often.

In the photo above, you’ll see I used baby carrots and didn’t bother to chop them up when I first put them into the pan, each time you stir, the veggies get chopped up a little more.

Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and serve with toasted biscuits.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.