Chicken Marsala

Chicken Marsala
Chicken Marsala

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

chicken-marsala
Bring the taste of Italy to your own home with this authentic Marsala recipe of succulent chicken breasts smothered in an herbed mushroom sauce.
The following recipe is an adaptation of the one provided by Mrs.Paws here.

You’ll Need:
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
2 lbs thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp butter
1 pkg (8 oz) mushrooms, washed and sliced
1/2 cup chicken broth/stock
3/4 cup marsala wine
1 Tablespoon Butter
*1 pkg Chicken Marsala Mix*

In a small bowl combine flour, marsala seasoning mix and salt, mix well. Transfer all but 1 Tbs of the mix to a large ziploc bag and add the raw chicken breast, seal and shake to coat.

In a large skillet heat 3 Tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through, remove from skillet, place in a covered dish and keep warm.
Add sliced mushrooms to the skillet, cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add chicken stock and the remaining seasoned flour mixture to the skillet, whisking gently. Bring the mixture to a boil, gently scraping the sides and bottom of the skillet to incorporate the flavors of the cooked chicken and mushrooms. Add marsala wine as well as the remaining tablespoon of butter, stirring gently over medium heat until sauce is thickened.

Serve the chicken over freshly steamed brown rice and spoon the Sauce generously over the top.

Substituting Marsala Wine:
Marsala is a sweet, almost dessert-like wine that lasts a very long time. It’s worth having a small bottle in your pantry for cooking. In a pinch you can substitute a sweet wine such as a port or sherry.

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / happykimmyj

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.