Creamy Butternut Squash, Spinach Gnocchi

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

creamy-butternut-squash-spinach-gnocchi
This dish combines the flavors of savory fall squash, spinach and potato gnocchi in a basil cream sauce with a hint of red pepper flakes. This hearty dish is full flavored and will easily feed 6.

You’ll Need:
2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup half & half
6 cups baby spinach, stems removed
1 lb potato gnocchi
2 tsp dried basil
3/4 cup fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated

Preheat the broiler on the Oven.

Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat; add the cubed squash and diced onion and cook until the squash is softened and golden brown, approximately 9-10 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper

Add oil to a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add squash and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly soft and golden, 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper, continue cooking until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.

Add the chicken broth and half and half cream to the skillet, stirring well to incorporate. As it begins to simmer, quickly stir in the fresh gnocchi, adding additional chicken broth if needed for the gnocchi to cook. Add the fresh spinach leaves to the top (or frozen spinach that has been thawed and well drained). Cover and cook until the gnocchi are just tender, about 5 minutes.

Uncover and stir in 1/2 c. parmesan cheese. Transfer the contents of the dish to a casserole dish or individual serving ramekin. Sprinkle each with a bit of Parmesan, Broil for 2 minutes, or until golden brown & bubbly.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.