Autumn Slow Cooker Oats

Autumn Slow Cooker Oats
Autumn Slow Cooker Oats

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

autumn-slow-cooker-oats
A wonderfully warming, healthy breakfast of perfectly cooked oats complimented with cinnamon, raisins, apples and seasonings that takes under 5 minutes to prepare and feeds 6 for under $1.25!
A note about this recipe, this comes out really well if you have a smaller slow cooker. Large Cookers tend to overcook the oats.

1 cup steel cut oats
3 1/2 cups water (Or Almond Milk, Regular Milk or Soy Milk, as desired)
1 cup peeled and chopped pear or apple
1/2 cup raisins
2 tablespoons butter
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Measure all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir gently to combine. Cover the cooker and turn it on Low – cook overnight about 7 hours (for firm oats) or 8 hours for a nice soft texture.

Keep in mind that Steel Cut oats are NOT the same as Old Fashioned oats or quick oats. Steel-cut oats are whole grain groats (the inner portion of the oat kernel) which have been cut into pieces. They require much longer cooking that old fashioned oats.

They are NOT interchangeable in this recipe. If you attempt to use quick oats, you’ll have a clumpy pile of dry oatmeal. If you attempt to use Old Fashioned oats, you’ll have a gooey Thick Clump of Mush.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.