Unbelievably Easy Sweet & Sour Grilled Chicken

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

unbelievably-easy-sweet-sour-grilled-chicken
A saucy overnight marinade blend of vinegar, mustard, lime, brown sugar and seasonings that lends a touch of mellow sweetness coupled with a surprising bite of flavor for a zesty sweet and sour ending.

You’ll Need:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons prepared coarse-ground mustard
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 lime, juiced
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste) * we sometimes add a bit more
6 tablespoons olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

In a medium bowl whisk all ingredients Except the oil and chicken. Once the ingredients are well blended, add the oil, whisking well. Place the raw boneless breasts in a large zip-style bag or a marinade dish, cover liberally with the marinade, seal and shake to coat.

Flip occasionally, but let marinate overnight or for at least 8 hours for best flavor.

Grill or bake as desired. Serve with whatever side dish you prefer! This chicken is good cold in wraps, sandwiches or salads the next day as well.

For a Tropical Flare-
cube the chicken breast and marinate the cubes. Cut up 1 green pepper into thick squares and open a can of pineapple chunks. Soak wooden kebab skewers in water for 30 minutes, then thread the marinated chicken, green pepper, pineapple, (repeat till you read the end of stick!). Grill!

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / chas53

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.