Thread: Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry
01-08-2012, 11:00 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Columbia, SC
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
Ginger Veggie Stir-Fry
This is a delicious stir fry with a slight hint of ginger. It's great if you have a bits of cooked leftover pork or chicken. Just dice it up and toss it in during the last 2 minutes of cooking!
* 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons orange juice
* 3 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1-1/2 medium carrot, julienned
* 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
* 1-1/2 cups fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
* 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
* 1-1/2 cups sweet potato, julienned
* 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced red onion
* 1-1/2 garlic clove, minced
* 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
In a small bowl mix cornstarch, orange juice and soy sauce until incorporated; set aside.
In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot, broccoli and beans in oil for 8 minutes. Add sweet potato and onion; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add the soy sauce mixture to the veggies; adding garlic, rosemary, ginger, and pepper flakes
Bring the sauce to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened and all veggies are coated. Serve with Jasmine Rice.
By FreebieQueen in forum Grocery CouponsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-08-2011, 05:34 AM
By GB101 in forum Article CommentsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM
By GB101 in forum Article CommentsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-15-2011, 09:48 PM
By GB101 in forum Budget RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM
By GB101 in forum Grocery CouponsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-16-2011, 02:39 PM