Guilt Free Blueberry Muffins

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

guilt-free-blueberry-muffins
We loved the Guilt Free Strawberry muffins so much we decided to expand the recipe to Guilt free Blueberry Muffins as well! These yummy morsels have all the benefits of a bowl of old fashioned slow cooked oats and berries with the flavor of a delectable, moist muffin, all for less than 100 calories (or 2 weight watchers points!)
This one has become the new favorite in the house- these are Gluten Free, Guilt Free Blueberry Muffins!

You’ll Need:

Preheat the oven to 400F

2 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats (not quick cooking Or Steel Cut)
1 c. Low-Fat or non-fat blueberry yogurt or vanilla yogurt
2 Eggs
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 c. Sugar or Quality Baking Stevia (or the sweetener equivalent of 1/2 Cup of Sugar)
1 1/4 c. Fresh Blueberries (not frozen)

In a blender add half of the oats and puree until it’s very well blended. Add the remaining oats and process again until the oats are finely blended.

Be sure that the oats are completely processed and smooth before continuing, or your muffins will taste more like gloppy oatmeal. Add the yogurt and eggs, baking powder, baking soda, stevia (or sweetener of your choice), and blend until the oats are smooth and all the ingredients are well mixed into a smooth batter.

Pour the batter into a bowl and gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into foil or silicone muffin tin liners. We used quality silicone liners which do not require any grease or spray.

Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. The texture is Light, fluffy and OOOOh so Gooood!

Tips, Tricks and Other Ideas:

• If you want an even lower calorie version, use 3 egg WHITES in place of the 2 eggs.

• Do NOT use Quick Oats- they won’t work. Do NotUse Steel Cut Oats, they also do not work.

• If you want to use Regular Sugar in Place of Stevia, we recommend starting with 1/2 c. of Real Sugar, taste the batter- if that works for you, leave it, if you want it a touch sweeter, add up to another 1/4 c. of sugar

• If using frozen berries, you’ll need to increase the baking time by 2-4 minutes.

Nutrition Breakdown
12 Servings (muffins)
95 Calories Per Serving
2 g Fat
23 g Carbohydrate
4 g Fiber
2 g Sugar
5 g Protein
2 Weight Watchers Points

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.