Flu Be Gone Cabbage Stew

Flu Be Gone Cabbage Stew
Flu Be Gone Cabbage Stew

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

This cabbage stew is a favorite during flu season, loaded with the healing benefits of fresh garlic and onions, seasoned fire roasted tomatoes and chicken stock.
This one came to fruition on a particularly cold, miserable day and I wanted something nourishing but not too heavy. It can be prepared in about 20 minutes flat in a digital pressure cooker, or it can be slow cooked all day in a slow-cooker.

flu-be-gone-cabbage-stew

I was so excited to share this one with you because the dish is rather pretty with the chunks of fire roasted tomatoes. As you can below is a photograph of it as it all went into the cooker.. . I was more than ready to take photos to share with you all, until the winds took our our power!

Luckily there was less than 3 minutes remaining on the time when the power went out and we just let it set for a few extra minutes before manually releasing the pressure.

You’ll Need:
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 c. sliced carrots
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Quarts of Chicken Stock
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1 small head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can Fire Roasted Diced tomatoes

Turn the Pressure cooker on to the saute function (check your manual for the correct setting) Drizzle the olive oil into the pressure cooker, add the onions and garlic and saute lightly until the onions are translucent.

Then add all of the remaining ingredients and give it a quick stir. Close the locking lid on your pressure cooker. Make sure the Pressure Valve is set to Airtight.

Depending on the model and brand of pressure cooker you have. Press the Stew or Soup program button on your machine, or you can program it to cook for 18-minutes. Press START and it’s ready to go!

Carefully turn the Pressure Valve on the top to EXHAUST or RELEASE or whatever it says and wait for all the steam and pressure to release. The Float Valve will drop, allowing you to unlock the lid.

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.