Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

3.9 (77.84%) 37 votes

This delectable 2 layer bar offers the best of both worlds, rich chocolate brownie with the toothsome deliciousness of chocolate chip cookie dough!
chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-brownies

This recipe came from my sons girlfriend who had taken a simple screenshot with her phone of a luscious looking treat that appeared in her Twitter feed. My son shoved the phone under my nose and said, “Mom, you’ve GOT to make these”. So, without further ado- here they are!

chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-brownies

You’ll Need:
BROWNIE LAYER:
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup salted butter, melted
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

COOKIE DOUGH LAYER: (No worries, This Layer is EGG Free & perfectly safe to consume “raw” !)
3/4 cup salted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (for the top)

First we’re going to throw the brownies together and get them into the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9×13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
In a small glass bowl melt the finely chopped unsweetened chocolate in the microwave for 25 seconds, remove, stir and repeat until melted. Be sure to stir well, you don’t want to burn your chocolate! Once smooth and creamy, set aside.
In a Medium bowl cream the butter and brown sugar together, then beat in the eggs all at once until smooth, add the melted chocolate, stirring well to incorporate, then add the flour, stirring just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.

While it’s baking, prepare the Cookie Dough Layer:

Cream butter and sugars until smooth, add milk and vanilla extract, mixing well, add flour until combined, but do not overmix. Lastly, add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, mixing them in.

Once the brownies are done, cool them completely before attempting to spread the cookie dough layer over the top. I recommend refrigerating it for at least 30 minutes, so your brownies don’t “Break”. Spread the cookie dough layer evenly over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips, cut into bars and serve!

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

2 Comments

• You do you and I’ll just eat it anyway. It looks delicious and I’m not gonna worry about the teeny tiny chance of getting sick to not make this and enjoy life!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.