07-08-2012, 11:19 PM #1
Spicy Corn Stuffed Tomato Salad Recipe
* 6 small to medium sized ripe tomatoes
* 1/2 cup creamy buttermilk salad dressing
* 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1 dash ground red pepper
* 2 cups approximately 4 ears of fresh sweet corn, grilled or boiled
* 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
* 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
* 1/4 cup cucumber, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 cup onion, chopped
* lettuce leaves to garnish plates
Cut each of the tomatoes into 4-6 wedges, cutting just to, but not through, the stemmed end and gently spread them apart.
Sprinkle with salt. Cover and chill
Combine dressing, parsley, pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine corn, cheese, green pepper, cucumber, and onion. Add dressing mixture and toss gently to coat.
Cover & Chill (this is best made the night before and makes a great lunch)
Carefully plate and fill the wedge tomatoes, serve.Mom of 3
Saving What I can, Where I can!
By FreebieQueen in forum Free Stuff- Mailbox StuffingReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2012, 10:00 AM
By Oh No in forum RecallsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-01-2011, 10:12 PM