Quinoa Enchilada Casserole

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 34 votes

quinoa-enchilada-casserole
High in both protein and fiber, quinoa (KEEN-wah) is a versatile gluten-free grain that offers plenty in the nutrition and flavor department! Here’s a delicious enchilada style casserole that will easily feed six or more…
Our initial reaction to purchasing quinoa was that it’s not exactly a “cheap” food source. However, when you take into consideration that 1 cup of raw quinoa becomes approximately 4 cups of cooked product that is high in protein, fiber and nutrients, it quickly becomes a bit more budget-friendly.

You’ll Need:
1 cup quinoa (raw)
1 can (10-ounce) mild enchilada sauce
1 can (4.5-ounce) chopped green chiles, drained
1/2 cup corn kernels (frozen or canned)
1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
3/4 teaspoon cumin
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
1 Garden tomato, diced

Cook the quinoa according to the package directions, allowing it plenty of time to set as the directions indicate. Once the Quinoa is ready add the enchilada sauce, green chilies, corn, black beans, fresh cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well until the ingredients are well incorporated.

Spread the mix into a 9″x13″ baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (we use Olive oil!). Top with the remaining cheeses and bake at 400F for 15 minutes, until it’s heated through. Top with freshly diced tomatoes and avocado pieces. Serve Immediately.

The leftovers are quite tasty as well!

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.