2017 $50 Budget Menu Plan Week 2

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

4 (80%) 32 votes

2017 $50 Budget Menu Plan Week 2: It’s Chili Cook-off Time, a highly anticipated gathering of friends, great food and amazing CHILI!!

If you’ve followed previous years menu plans you know that we tend to stock up on meat (and poultry) at various times of the year when the prices drop. Traditionally speaking, poultry tends to drop in price during the first couple weeks of January, so rather than spending the full amount on groceries for the week, we’re anticipating a decent sale price and setting the money aside. In a few weeks, the price of seafood will drop drastically and we’ll stock up on shrimp and scallops. You can view anticipated sales by month here.

This week we purchased the following: lettuce, bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, carrots, raisins, dried cherries, sweet potatoes, cheddar cheese, cantaloupe, grapefruit, apples, bananas, broccoli, sour cream, cream cheese and a chocolate bar (don’t judge, lol).

Total spent this week on groceries: $38.22

From our Backyard: Fresh Eggs

From our Windowsill/ Garden: a few fresh herbs in the windowsill– cilantro, basil, parsley, rosemary, scallions

Breakfast Options for this week:

2017-50-budget-menu-plan-week-2

Lunch Options for this week:

• Cajun Deviled Eggs
  • Leftovers of previous days dishes
  • Grilled Cheese & Tomato Po’ Boys
  • PB & J

Sunday January 8th:

Monday January 9th: Meatless Monday

• Dinner: Szechuan Style Chinese Noodles(I’m not a fan of peanuts, so we’ll omit those and add 1/4 c of cashews instead)

Tuesday January 11th:

Wednesday January 11th:

Thursday January 12th:

Friday January 13th: GOOD LUCK DAY!

• Dinner: Cabbage Veggie Stew (use a cup or so of diced leftover pork loin), Cloud Biscuits with cinnamon honey butter (Sorry- for this one I don’t follow a recipe, I throw it all together in my instantpot.)

Saturday January 14th: Annual Chili Cookoff Event with Friends (bringing a dessert!)

• Dinner: Chili Cookoff – 12-20 different kinds of chili, so we’re opting to bring a desert (keep an eye out on the site for the recipe!)

2017-50-budget-menu-plan-week-2

Various Snacks & Desserts:

Drinks Available:

Less Likely to be used, but still available: These are very rarely used in our house- we just prefer coffee, tea and water.

FYI: If you’re wondering why all the ingredients listed in the recipes aren’t necessarily showing in the “purchased groceries” list, please check out our Frequently Asked Questions!

© Can Stock Photo / liveslow

THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.

About GB101 719 Articles
Filled with an insatiable wanderlust to see the world, I've dedicated most of my life to saving money where I can so I can afford to see and do the things I want. I dug our family out of debt by reducing our grocery expense to less than $300 a month. You can too!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.