Week 17 Grocery Notes: Depending on various circumstances (such as rising gas prices, work schedules, kids’ activity/sport schedules, etc-) it’s necessary to shop on a biweekly basis. This is one of those weeks for our family. We took advantage of really great prices at Sam’s Club for meat and stocked up on boneless skinless Chicken breast, Pork Chops, and Steaks.
As you can see from the photo, I repackaged the meat into vacuum sealed bags in family size meal portions. For $61 we got a total of 24 packages/ Meals (16 pkg. of Chicken, 5 Pkg. Pork, 3 pkg. Steaks) Which will be used throughout the month of May.
April 25th- May 1st
Monday April 25th: As you know, yesterday was Easter & if you take a peak at last weeks menu, you’ll see that we had a rather large family dinner, with planned leftovers in mind!
* Breakfast:Scrambled Egg & Cheese Wrap
* Lunch : Ham Sandwiches
* Dinner: Split Pea Soup & Buttermilk Biscuits
Wednesday April 27th:
* Breakfast:poached eggs on toast
* Lunch : Leftover Mac-n-Cheese
* Dinner: Catfish Nuggets, Pink Rice (by using 1/2 water & 1/2 v8 Juice), steamed veggie (kids choice)
Thursday April 28th:
* Breakfast:Strawberry Melon Summer Salad
* Lunch : Grilled Cheese
* Dinner: Ham Pot Pie
Friday April 29th:
Saturday April 30th:
* Breakfast:Banana Bread French Toast, Coffee
* Lunch : 7 Layer Ramen Salad
* Dinner: “Restaurant Night” – this isn’t actually eating out, instead we use the individual portion size meals that have been vacuum sealed and frozen. See the ebook for details
Sunday May 1st: Happy May Day!
Various Snacks & Dessert Items:
* Iced Tea or herbal teas
* Copycat Gatorade
A few things I’d like to share : Once again, this menu is based on previous weeks stores of frozen veggies and home canned fruits & jams. Together, with the sales on veggie steamers the last couple of weeks, the freezers are quite full. Having spent $61 out of our allotted $100 budget for the first 2 weeks of the month (of May!), We’ll divide the remaining $40 between the 2 weeks for fresh fruits/veggies and milk/bread. Having taken care of meat for the entire month of May, week 3 of the month will be the chance to restock the pantry.
Frequently Asked Questions about our $50 Menus